A budget-friendly favorite for the new year! This simple skinny skillet orange chicken takes all the flavors you love from your favorite Chinese restaurant and turns them into a simple stir-fry. Serve over ramen or rice, and enjoy.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce*
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Nature Nate’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey
- 3 cups of rice or 3 packs ramen, cooked
- 1/3 cup green onions, diced
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
*You’ll find chili garlic sauce in the Asian section of most grocers.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breast, cook until golden and cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, cornstarch, vinegar, chili garlic sauce, orange zest and juice and raw honey.
- Pour mixture over chicken in skillet.
- Cook just until mixture begins to thicken.
- Serve over rice or ramen.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.